In order to better serve you, we collect Personal Information from you directly, through automated means, and from third parties. Below are details about the types of Personal Information we collect about you:
Information you provide us. We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us (including to our service providers or other parties who collect it on our behalf). For example, we collect Personal Information when you order from, register to use, request information, subscribe to marketing communications, complete surveys, or provide such data in product feedback on the Site. We may also collect Personal Information from you during phone calls with sales representatives or when you contact customer support.
The Personal Information we collect may include contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address), professional information (such as your employer name, address, job title, department or job role), user IDs, passwords, and contact preferences. We collect information you choose to provide when completing any “free text” boxes in our forms (for example, user feedback). We may also collect billing and transactional information.
Information we collect from third-party sources. We may also acquire data from other sources that we use to make our products and services better. For example, we may collect data from third-party sites that utilize our products for the purpose of performance tracking, debugging, and collecting user feedback.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Depending on the situation, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Communications and Transaction Processing. We use your Personal Information to communicate with you, respond to your requests, and provide the information you requested. We also use Personal Information, including financial, credit card, and payment information, to process transactions.
- Provision, Administer, and Support Your Account. We use your Personal Information to provide our products and manage your account. Examples include managing product downloads, supporting updates and fixes, providing support and recommendations, and sending other administrative or account-related communications, including release notes.
- Manage Your Customer Experience. We use your Personal Information to maintain accurate contact and registration data, deliver support, and to offer products, services, and features. We also use your Personal Information to deliver personalized communications and create recommendations based on your use of Sitka Insights products, services, features, and your visits on our Site.
- Advertising. We use your Personal Information to provide personalized advertising to you per your privacy preferences settings and applicable law. We might also share some of your information with marketing service providers and digital marketing networks to present advertisements that might interest you. This may involve the use of automatic data collection tools, such as cookies.
- Facilitate and Evaluate Use of the Site. We use your Personal Information to provide the Site and its features, to facilitate your use of the Site (such as facilitating navigation and the login process, preserving information between sessions and enhancing security), to improve quality, to evaluate page response rates and to personalize and determine content.
- Business Operations. We use your Personal Information to conduct ordinary business operations, e.g., business research and analytics, corporate reporting and management, staff training and quality assurance purposes, and outreach.
- Security. We use your Personal Information to maintain the integrity and security of our Site, products and services; and to prevent and detect security threats, fraud, or other criminal or malicious activity that might compromise your Personal Information or the information of other customers or Site visitors.
- Research & Innovation. We use your Personal Information to develop new products, features, and services using research and development tools and incorporating data analysis activities.
- Comply with Law. We use your Personal Information as required to be compliant with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government, and law enforcement requests.
- Other Legitimate Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes, such as protecting our confidential and proprietary information.
How We Share the Information
We will not sell, rent, share, or lease your Personal Information to others. We may share your Personal Information in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy, outlined below:
- Third-party Vendors. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This includes vendors that help us provide our services to you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts, those that help us improve our services, and those that help us run our operations. Third-party vendors that we share information with are encouraged to comply with privacy standards and policies at least as restrictive as those that we have in place. However, the use of your Personal Information by third-party vendors is governed by their respective privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements. We may share your Personal Information when we believe, in good faith, that we must: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts, and other public authorities, including to meet national security or other law enforcement requirements; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect our rights and properties and the rights and properties of our affiliates; or (v) protect our rights or personal safety and those of our employees, affiliates, and third parties on or using our property when allowed and in compliance with the requirements of applicable law.
- Aggregated or De-identified Information. We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer be reasonably used to identify you.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Privacy Rights and Choices
At your request, and as required by law, we will:
- inform you of what personal data we have on file for you;
- amend or correct that personal data or any previous privacy preferences you selected;
- delete your Personal Information.
To exercise your rights, email us at [email protected]. Please identify yourself and specify your request. We use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your Personal Information as required, but retain records necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Where legally permitted, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or jeopardize the privacy of others.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR regulates data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), including transfer of Personal Information outside the EU and EEA. If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your Personal Information;
- Request correction or deletion of your Personal Information;
- Object to our use of your Personal Information;
- Request that we limit our use of your Personal Information;
- Request portability of your Personal Information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). To the extent it applies, the CCPA provides the following enhanced privacy rights to California residents:
- Know the categories of Personal Information that we collect;
- Know if Personal Information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Opt out of the sale of Personal Information;
- Request deletion of your Personal Information;
- Exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA free from discrimination.
Subscription Communications and General Communications
You have the option of subscribing to communications from us. Our subscription communications include email newsletters, software updates, and maintenance notifications that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you consent to such communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions in the email. To unsubscribe from all of our email lists, please click here.
We do not collect or maintain information on our Site from those we know are under 13, and we do not permit children under 13 years of age to become registered users of our Site (or 16 in the European Union). No part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using our Site, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
We are committed to protecting the security of Personal Information. We value your trust and take it seriously. To prevent unauthorized access and disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of your information, we utilize industry standard physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard any Personal Information we collect. Despite these measures, we cannot eliminate all security risks associated with Personal Information. We retain the data only as required or permitted by law, and while the data continues to have a legitimate business purpose. Please contact us with security questions at [email protected].
Attn: Privacy team
2716 A Street
Tacoma, WA 98402